January 21, 2011

Video Viernes

Finally, it's Friday! It has been a long week, so a fun weekend is very much in order. Since it's Friday, I'm posting some cool videos I've come across on the web this week. On Fridays I'm going to try to post a few videos I've come across that could be anything from fashion to food to something weird and crazy like flamenco'ing flamingos! Who knows. It's whatever the web has to offer that week. There are always interesting things I come across in my internet travels. Here's this week's lineup.


The title caught my eye. After watching it, I was pretty impressed! I can barely read the lyrics on the screen, he's speaking so fast! He's pretty good; check out his other videos. I think some of them are slam poetry performances. His look reminds me of Michael Cera but his style of speaking and the way he puts lyrics together reminds me of Buddy Wakefield, an amazing slam poet. Don't know
who he is? See below


Years & years ago when I was in high school, I performed one of Buddy Wakefield's poems for a literature night at my high school. I don't even remember how I stumbled across him but once I heard his poems, I was hooked. Not only does he exhibit immense talent for language but the way he performs his poetry and emphasizes certain words to shape them together into a powerful performance is amazing.

From "Flockprinter"
You
Are
Buttercups spraying out the mouths of doves
Fireworks stuck in the air
You're a freestanding landing pad held together by choir claps
You're a god
Not afraid
To walk with the saviors
Who ride monkeys around on their backs
Kicking up mercury
Spreading upward openly
Carrying breath


This video is from Stockholm and was an experiment of sorts. The majority of people take the escalator over the stairs when given the chance, so some people decided to make the stairs more "fun" & see if it influenced people to choose the stairs. So they turned the steps into a giant piano. The result? Pure awesomeness.


And finally, a homemade space craft. This video is just incredible. The whiteout part is beautiful and serene. I've always wondered what it would be like to fly that high above the clouds. This video is probably the closest I'll ever get.

No comments:

Post a Comment