March 08, 2011

Mardi Gras!




Happy Mardi Gras everyone! If only I could have been dancing through the streets of New Orleans over the weekend, swinging my beads and swigging my beer and enjoying today's parade! I have an intense craving for beignets right now. Oh, soft pillowy squares of sweetened dough, how I love thee! But for now, I must forgo the fun and stick with eating spongebob fruit snacks and mini ritz crackers at the daycare. I've always wanted to go to Nola for Mardi Gras, especially after the New Orleans season of The Real World ended. There's always next year...who's in!?

Spring break begins next week for all of my college friends. It will be strange to watch all of their crazy SB pictures pop up on facebook and know that while they are out getting tan (and probably wasted..), I'll be working. I guess you have to grow up sometime. I get a spring break when the kids at the elementary do the following week, but I'll be driving the 5 hours back home to Memphis. I'm looking forward to a relaxing week of catching up with friends, sleeping in, spending some time with my family and not having to work for a week. Once I get back, things will just be fast paced again, and I'll be relegated to looking for jobs 24/7 and working. I wish I could be the daycare coordinator/director. I have so many good ideas for the program and could implement so many new activities. Maybe some day, since I have all of this childcare experience...

I have a lot of things to look forward to in the next few months.
 St. Patrick's Day with Q (next week)
 Iroquois Steeplechase in Nashville (in May)
Beale St. Musicfest in Memphis (in May to see Jason Mraz, Cake, Cee lo Green...KE$HA!!!)
Turning 23 (in June)
Wearing these fabulous crystal heels wherever I go. I might need a trip to Vegas with these babies because they are so fierce!

1 comment:

  1. The crystal heels would look slamming on a cruise ship. just sayin.

    ReplyDelete